So you want to be our Client, do you? You’re looking to be one of our amazing transformational business partners, someone we can help grow, scale, and optimize to ridiculous outcomes, is that right?
Awesome! We’re excited you want to come and play in our pool, but like every pool, our pool has some pretty important rules, because we’ve learned over time that not everyone is going to be a perfect fit for working with us. While the great news is that there is always more than one way to be successful at business and life, the way we go about doing it really works best under certain conditions, and if we’re clear and focused in what we set as standards, then we can usually avoid the problems and pitfalls that can get in the way or even do in the successes and relationships we have experienced with our Clients from time to time in the past.
- MINDSET IS CRITICAL. It may be a trite aphorism, but whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re going to be right one way or another, and honestly we really only want to work with those that truly believe they can. There are tons of mindset coaches out there that can help you get your headspace right, and if that’s what you need, more power to you, certainly no judgments about it from us and we have any number of great coaches we can refer you to, but until you KNOW you can go through a transformational experience with us, it’s truly not a good match for what we do because we can’t slow down to match you as you navigate the headspace challenges that go with the work we do. Once the rocket fuel is engaged, shutting the engines down really does cancel the launch for good, and you need to go to the drawing boards from scratch if you want to get back on a launching pad, whenever the next launch window comes by.
- BE READY. A caterpillar that is just hanging around isn’t going to transform itself into a gorgeous butterfly. instead it’s going to wander around aimlessly until it dies of natural causes or some bird or other bug eats it first. A caterpillar that’s ready to transform finds the right tree, and the right branch, designs and builds its cocoon and climbs inside, and gets ready to liquefy and be reborn as a flying wonder of nature. In our world that means you need to have the time, the resources, the personnel, and the business fundamentals in place in order to be transformed into the new, amazing, and limitless version you want your business to be. Of course the details of that can be wildly different from business to business so while it may not take some businesses a lot of time, money, or talent to transform, for others it could take billions – every situation is unique, but if you don’t have your fundamentals straight first, you’re never going to be able to transform. You may mutate, but you’re unlikely to transform, let’s just leave it at that.
- BE ADAPTABLE. At Reyactive we do several things that help you specifically in the transformational part of your business. First we look at the risks you’re facing currently and the risks you’ll face during and after transformation. Then we see if, when, and how we can transform some or all of those risks into advantages instead. We then look at the advantages and opportunities you have now, and the ones you’ll have access to before, during and after your transformation, and we build and implement a plan to transform your risks and take advantage of your opportunities as we build and deploy your transformation. What that means is that what you start with and what you end up with are likely to be dramatically different, and often different from what we expected when we drafted our plans. The fact that they’re different outcomes, doesn’t make them bad outcomes, they just support you in different ways than you were expecting and that IS a crucial part of any and probably every transformation we do – building for the unexpected outcomes and turning them into unexpected but planned-for successes.
- Be Ready For Open Criticism. If you haven’t seen shows like Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Restaurant Impossible, Hotel Impossible, Bar Rescue, or other business rescue shows, then you’re missing out on some outstanding lessons on why businesses fail and what it takes to turn them around and steward them properly. It starts with accountability at every level, and part of that includes open and constructive criticism and communication. Without it your business is doomed anyways, and honestly we can’t help you. Yes, sometimes that conversation may hurt your pride, your feelings, your ego, but it’s crucial to be able to hear it and take the right lessons from it, both for you and for your employees and suppliers. You wouldn’t need us to help you transform if you were already doing everything amazingly. Obviously there are going to be some soft, tender, sore spots in your business, and those need to be fixed before you can grow into the awesome business leader you need to be to drive your business into the future. Surgery hurts and it’s uncomfortable and sometimes it even leaves scars, but in the end you end up better for it. When we come in and perform our kind of surgery on your business it too can leave a few scars and soreness after we operate, but we’ll help you through the entire recovery period so when you get back up and running, you’ll be at your very best, ready to take on the world with a whole new scale of abilities.
- THE RISK OF INSULT IS THE PRICE OF CLARITY. Listen, it’s far more important to us that you’re absolutely clear with your purpose, your decisions, and your inputs and likewise that we’re clear with you and your team. Sometimes that means how we say something or how you say something may result in some hurt feelings from time to time, but if the focus is on being clear, we fully believe that the hurt feelings will heal faster because when the message is truly understood by both parties we can focus more fully on getting the job done right, and developing the pride of a job well done solves a lot of misplaced misunderstandings and hurt feelings. In the end we all need to have the same outcomes in mind – and clarity is the only way we get there.
- MISSION FIRST, THEN TEAMS, THEN THE WORLD AT LARGE, ALWAYS IN THAT ORDER. A lesson taken from the US Special Forces training manual applies very much in these kinds of business transformations and our kinds of Client and Partner relationships, namely that in all things the MISSION COMES FIRST. Without the mission, there is no purpose for the teams, and without the teams there is no one to complete the Mission, so the two of them have a symbiotic relationship. That’s why the Mission comes First and the Team comes second, with the rest of the world falling in line after that. The same rule has to apply in your workplace too, designing the Mission for success with the teams and resources we have access to based on a conscious awareness of the teams’ abilities to get the Mission completed successfully hyper-vigilantly monitored and managed to each successful outcome and to each recovery point after each failure.
If you share these principles with us and you qualify to be offered an opportunity to be one of our Clients, then we can begin our path on common footing and build strong and exceptional results from that point on.
Reyactive ONLY ACCEPTS 6-8 new clients each year, so we can truly focus on the needs and outcomes of those clients in the transformative projects we work on with them. As our time with some clients draws to a close we may reopen opportunities to work with us throughout the year, but our general rule is to only allow 6-8 new concurrent customers per year into our ranks, so opportunities to work directly with us are very rare and are almost never available on demand for any price (with military and law enforcement exceptions, of course.)
Normally we get asked what it costs to work with us, and while we do have some relatively standardized packages, the honest answer is that it truly depends on the amount and kind of work we do with you to transform your business. As we’re never really talking about making a tiny incremental change, we’re also not looking at asking for a tiny incremental price for our work either. You can’t expect a multimillion dollar increase in revenues for a lunch-money purchase price, so obviously it’s going to scale according to the kinds of results we’re looking to achieve for you. While we can’t guarantee results, we can sure set you up for extraordinary success, and from there your outcomes truly have no limits. We have systems, technology, strategy and experience delivering transformations at the highest levels in the world. If you’re ready to change, and you truly want to build something extraordinary, then reach out to our sales team and let’s talk about qualifying you as one of our Clients this year.
Client Transformation Options
- Business Model Launch Option. You have a new product or service and you want a dramatically different market entry with strategies, systems, technology, and teams in place to make sure it gets the best launch possible with the systems and people in place to handle it as it scales.
- Business Model Renovation Option. You already have a business model, but you also know it’s currently either broken, limited, inhibited, or underperforming and you want to get it fixed so it works properly then optimized, restructured, expanded, and super powered so it really achieves its potential.
- Business Model Innovation Option. Your business works well but it needs something new to lead the evolution to your next generation of products, services, offers, and buyers.
- Initial Interview for compatibility, timing, availability, scope outline, and opportunity overview assessment.
- If all factors are a fit, then we’ll send over an assessment and project outline invoice to establish full scope and deal outline. The invoice amount will be applicable against the deal should both parties accept the project deal and Client Agreement.
- There is no refund offered for rejected deals. It takes a ton of expertise, experience, research, and planning to build these project scopes and deals, and it gets paid for either way.
- Generally speaking you can expect a project scope outline to cost between $12,500 and $50,000 depending on the size of the project.
- There may be an additional payment to fund the project or the project funding could come from the proceeds and profits of the project, or some combination of the above, but our costs usually run somewhere in the range of 30-50% of revenues, though that varies wildly based on the product/service and the profit margins involved.
- The contract duration is usually long term, often 5 years or more. Remember, this is for Clients we really embed ourselves with. We’re not here to be your fly-by-night marketing agency, we’re here to be your spec ops team that takes our best swing at getting game-changing results on your most important projects, often in crappy situations. That’s an asset you don’t often want to part with if you can possibly avoid it.
- Immediately we dig in with your executive team for 3 days asking an unending barrage of questions, trying to dig up as much data as possible so we can get to work on doing our job of scoping out the project.
- After a couple of weeks we come back with a fleshed out draft scope of work that we present so you can provide feedback on what final changes you want to make so we can build the agreement from that. After another week of document building, we send over our scope, our proposal, and an invoice for any startup costs for the project as outlined in the agreement.
- You sign it, pay for it and launch it.
- We have a project kick-off party with your executive team and any team members from both firms that will be involved in the project to officially launch the project.
- Everyone does their parts, pays their bills, works together and gets stuff done and we take it from there going forward.
It’s simple, it’s a process that works and gets stuff done. There are regular project meetings, there are ‘Red Phone’ options to get emergency challenges handled. There are systems to monitor risks and issues, while others monitor responses and opportunity timelines. There’s built-in accountability, and there’s every reason for both parties to play fair and get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty getting the work done that will result in the transformations we’re aiming for.
You really can’t ask for better than that, so the question you have to ask yourself now is this: Are you ready for a total business transformation or not? If the answer is yes, what are you waiting for, and if the answer is no, then what are you waiting for? Either way, you’ve got work to do, and you need that work done NOW.